This is my two stars and a wish! I hope you like it.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
WALT: Gather Information
Every Wednesday we have been working through the Get it, Sort it, Use it model to inquire about different countries around the world and their languages/culture. We each brainstormed a potential list of subjects and chose what we wanted to find out more about and then started our research.
Matrix showing what you think and what your inquiry teacher thinks.
My Teacher thinks:
1. What are you most proud of? Getting my keynote completed and it had lots of information.
2. What did you find challenging? Getting a lot of information because on the Internet when I searched for things from Columbia, I got a range of things that weren't relevant.
3. My next ‘Get It’ goal is? To make sure when Im getting information I know what info Im getting.
Created by Unknown at 3:30 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Thursday, September 11, 2014
WALT: Extend a repeting picture patern using number strategies!
Description: For maths this term we have been learning a range of strategies to help us solve algebra problems.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJEqVun9hc&list=UU3oFdmkY1OlfuNxGJTxOr2g This is my vid
Task: Make a short movie to prove that you have achieved your maths goal.
- Show, explain, prove your goal and how you did it
- Clear message
- Two questions to show your learning
- Correct answer
- What are you most proud of and why?My video and I'm proud because I got it done on time!
- What challenged you the most and why?Getting my vid on youtube!
- Next time, what is a goal you can work towards?Making sure I know what I'm doing at the start!!
Feedback/Feedforward: Wow Katie I liked how you explained your goal really well. I like how you explained to the audience how you work the problem out. I think you could improve on better
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
My reading goal this term was to…Compare
TASK inquiring readers go through a process to gather, organise and respond to new information. We have been using the ‘GET IT, SORT IT, USE IT’ process for our own reading inquiry.My inquiry question was…I am trying to find out what vets do and how to become a vet when I'm older!
WALTGET IT...use a range of sources by questioning and predictingSORT IT...analyse and sort information to answer my question: see if my thinking has changed, look for patterns by questioning inferring, summarisingUSE IT…discuss what I have found out with others and make connections
SUCCESS CRITERIAI can research using a range of sourcesI can keep asking questions as a researchI can sort information and see patternsI can show changes in my thinkingI can co-operate with others to discuss ideasI can share my learning with othersI can manage my own learning and behaviour to work independently
How did my thinking change during my inquiry? What patterns did I notice? My thinking changed when I think of one thing and then I keep on thinking then my thinking changes and my thinking changes byme thinking of one thing and then i think of another and i carry on!