Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Reading sample

My reading goal this term was to…Compare  
TASK inquiring readers go through a process to gather, organise and respond to new information. We have been using  the ‘GET IT, SORT IT, USE IT’ process for our own reading inquiry.

My inquiry question was…I am trying to find out what vets do and how to become a vet when I'm older!


WALT
GET IT...use a range of sources by questioning and predicting
SORT IT...analyse and sort information to answer my question: see if my thinking has changed, look for patterns by questioning inferring, summarising
USE IT…discuss what I have found out with others and make connections

SUCCESS CRITERIA
I can research using a range of sources
I can keep asking questions as a research
I can sort information and see patterns
I can show changes in my thinking
I can co-operate with others to discuss ideas
I can share my learning with others
I can manage my own learning and behaviour to work independently

                                                             




                                                                      
                     

             


How did my thinking change during my inquiry? What patterns did I notice? My thinking changed when I think of one thing and then I keep on thinking then my thinking changes and my thinking changes byme thinking of one thing and then i think of another and i carry on! 

1 comment:

  1. Katie you have made some great connections using the hexagons - you have developed this area since last year. What have you learnt about sorting and analysing information ?

    ReplyDelete