Thursday, August 28, 2014

Homework

WALT:  Entertain

Description: We read the poem “My Remarkable Journey” which inspired us to write our own remarkable journeys about why our homework wasn’t at school today.

HOMEWORK!

I fell out of bed!Grrr,i hate mondays its homework! I grab my home work, and i think i put it on my desk, but i axedently put it in the paper shredder. I grab the other half out and, scrambled down stairs.

Aaaaaa now I'm greeted by i don't know how many grizzly bears!They think my home work is food so i run back up stairs and i jump out the window.Then an eagle swoops by and gets a good grip on my shoulders I still have my home work i my hands then i hold on to the eagles strong legs!! Oh no! Gasp, hhhh! I just drooped my home work! grrr if my stupid teacher didn't give me that stupid home work then it would be sinking in quick sand right now!!!!!!!!  then the eagle drops me and right over A TAR STOR! i cant move now I'm covered in the stuff oh now I'm rowling but in the direction to school!


On my way no on my tar sticky bumpy way down the hill i get sprad by hundreds of sprinklers i can move but im still rowling!! Now im in school my teacher is waiting I stand up,ok so I'm sorry i don't have my home work but i say i have done a poem of how i don't have it and it goes like this!!!

Criteria:
We decided that a quality piece of writing has the following things. Reflect on whether these things are in your story:
Introduction: It hooks the reader in the first few lines making them want to read more?👌
Punctuation: Is your writing ready for a reader? Does your punctuation make it easy for them to read?👌
Short sentences: Do you create suspense by using these in your writing?👌
Onomatopoeia: Are these in your writing to create impact?👌
Alliteration: Are these in your writing to create impact?👌
Similes/Metaphors: Are these in your writing to create impact? 👌

Evaluation:
1. What do you think is the best part of your story? For me the getting it done and on my blog.

2. What was the hardest part about completing this portfolio sample? Typing it on my laptop.

3.  Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Making sure I keep and eye on the time.

Feedback/Feedforward:Good job Katie. Next time make more paragraphs.
#Olivia










1 comment:

  1. Katie, I really like the visual imagery you have created in your writing as it hooks the reader in. Next time a bit of proof reading and editing would make it easier for the reader.

    ReplyDelete